- How do I know you're a reputable dealer to buy from?Have a read through our reviews on Autotrader, Google and Facebook to read our customer's experiences of buying from us. We are also a West Yorkshire Trading Standards Approved Dealer. Trading Standards visit us on a regular basis and carry out audits to ensure we are treating our customers fairly. We have received awards for the last 5 years from Autotrader for our high levels of customer service. We have agreed to adhere to the AA Dealer Charter, the AA Dealer Promise. These are guidelines to help customers feel confident in the purchase of a used car. We are audited by the AA to ensure we abide by these guidelines.
- What is the best way to buy from First4car?
We have taken a flexible approach with our ways to buy. You can do as much or as little in person or online as you like, depending on which way works best for you.
You can visit us to test drive then have your car delivered (a delivery charge will apply).
You can purchase online and have your car delivered (a delivery charge will apply).
Or you can visit us to test drive and drive away the same day (prior notice is required prior to your visit)
You let us know what works for you and we will do our best to accommodate and provide a relaxed and enjoyable buying experience.
- Do you have Covid safety measures in place?Despite Covid restrictions being lifted, we are continuing to encourage our customers to make an appointment to view a vehicle to reduce numbers on-site at any one time. We have kept our sneeze screens in our offices. Any inside workspace is kept well ventilated. Our staff are happy to wear a face-covering at a customer's request. Hand sanitizer stations are throughout the dealership, and touchpoints are cleaned regularly. Our ozone sanitizing process is now offered to any customer free of charge, on request. Ozone has been proven to kill any known bacteria and viruses including Covid-19.
- Can I test drive a car?No problem at all. You can easily book a test drive on-line or over the phone. We will need to take a copy of your photo card driving license prior to any test drive.
- Are there any hidden fees including admin fees?
No. At First4car the advertised price is the price you pay. We believe in transparency and treating our customers fairly so there's no need to haggle to get a good price. Our prices are fixed. By using the latest technology we compare our prices daily to ensure you get a good deal every day of the week.
We can provide great finance deals and charge no admin fee for this service. We work in partnership with a number of finance companies such as Evolution, Close Brothers Motor Finance, MotoNovo, Santander and Blue Finance.
There is one exception to this. A fee of £349 is charged to those customers wishing to use their own finance company outside our partnered finance providers to cover administration costs incurred.
- How do I apply for finance?You can apply for finance online or over the phone whichever you find easier. Just click on the car you are looking at where you will see an apply for finance button. There is also the option to carry out a 'soft search' first which is free of charge and does not affect your credit score or any future credit applications. Our finance is easy to arrange. Just enter your details and let us do the rest. We'll give you an instant finance decision, although sometimes this may take a little longer. We'll keep you updated on your finance application's process. In most cases, we can get your finance approved without you needing to visit the showroom.
- What types of finance do you offer? Can I get finance if my credit history is poor?
We offer very competitive individual finance deals to suit each customer's circumstances. All of our finance offers are subject to status. We offer two types of finance – Personal Contract Purchase (PCP) or Hire Purchase (HP).
Both HP and PCP allow you to pay for your car in monthly payments over an agreed period of time between 1 year and 5 years, with a fixed rate of interest. At the end of the agreement, with a HP contract, you will own the car once the last payment is made. With a PCP Contract, you have a number of options including handing the car back to the finance company, part-exchanging the car for a new one or paying the last payment with additional fees to allow you to keep the car. Please get in touch to find out more details and see which type of finance would suit you better.
- Can I settle my finance early?Yes, of course, no problem. We can guide you every step of the way. You can choose to end your agreement at any time by paying off the remaining full balance.
- Do you take part exchanges?Yes! We are happy to take your car in part exchange. We will value your vehicle for free and hold the price for up to 7 days.
- What do I need to bring with me if I am part exchanging my old vehicle?You will need to bring all of your documents for the car including, V5 (logbook), service history, MOT certificate and the spare key (if you have one).
- Can I part exchange my old car if I have finance on it currently? Yes. The remaining balance will go on the finance for the car that you will be purchasing from us.
- What happens if I have a private registration on my vehicle that I wish to part exchange?You can either put the registration on retention before visiting our site or alternatively, you can leave a £200 deposit which will be refunded after we have received your logbook/V5 document with the original registration on it. One of our advisors will be able to help you with the process.
- What documents will I receive with my new car?Every vehicle comes with a V5 registration document, a copy of the MOT certificate, a copy of the HPI report (showing no outstanding finance), and a National Mileage Register check.
- What will I need to bring with me when I collect my new car?
Prior to collection you will receive a detailed email listing everything you will need to bring on collection day. When collecting your new car please ensure you have the following items with you.
· Photocard Driving license OR passport AND proof of your current address, in your name, dated within the last 3 months.
· If you are part-exchanging a vehicle, please make sure that you have the following with you:
Your V5 (registration document)
MOT Certificate (if applicable)
Locking Wheel Nut
Any paperwork i.e. service history / previous MOTs that you have for your vehicle.
If you are purchasing your new vehicle on finance, please remember to have your debit/credit cardwith you.
- What checks can I expect my new car to have had?All our vehicles come with a 12 month MOT and service (where required). Any advisories given on the MOT will be carried out. Cars also receive a comprehensive check by our onsite mechanics. Your vehicle will have a full clear HPI report and National Mileage Register check to ensure the mileage is accurate and there is no outstanding finance, the car has not been an insurance write off and is not stolen.
- How do I tax my new car?It is important to tax your vehicle prior to collection. You will receive a detailed email in which there will be step-by-step instructions on taxing your new car.
- What do I do if I have a problem following my purchase?Please get in touch with our team on 0113 257 00 00 OR email email@example.com where one of our friendly members of staff will be on hand to answer any queries and book your car into our workshops if required. Please do not book your car into a garage without first speaking with us. Please do not authorize any work to be carried out without prior authorization from First4car.com. First4car will not reimburse monies for work you have authorized without prior consent by First4car.
- Will I need to return my car to First4car if I have a problem?Your car will need to be returned to First4car, 1 Occupation Lane, Pudsey, LS28 8HL if any repair work is required. We have a number of courtesy cars which are free of charge to our customers, in order to reduce any inconvenience. Our on-site mechanics will try their best to get you back on the road in your car as quickly as possible. In some circumstances, repair work may be carried out at an alternative garage. This however must be agreed by First4car prior to any work being carried out.
- Can I take my car to my nearest garage for any repair work?If you have purchased an extended warranty with Autoprotect a garage of your choice may be used. Please contact Autoprotect who will advise you of their procedure prior to authorizing any work to be carried out.