Terms And Conditions
Terms And Conditions
First 4 Car Finance co.uk T/A First4car.com
1 Occupation Lane,
Registered in England & Wales
Company No. 04228164
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, firm reference 652258
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0113 257 00 00 or write to us at 1 Occupation Lane, Pudsey, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS28 8HL.
The terms below govern your use of our website http://www.first4car.com and associated dealership products and services. By using our products and services you agree to be bound by them. These terms may be updated at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to keep updated with the terms when you choose to use our products and services. If you choose to continue to use them then it is assumed you agree to the revised terms. We cannot promise that the website will be uninterrupted, free of errors, bugs or viruses and we will not be liable if, for any reason, this website is unavailable at any time or for any computer virus or system failure. Access may be suspended at any time without prior notice being given.
The content of the Site is protected by copyright, trade marks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the Site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Site without written permission from First4car.com.
SALE OF VEHICLE
In order to hold a vehicle prior to you coming to our premises to view the car a £200 reservation fee will be taken by debit card over the phone, or BACS payment. This reservation fee will hold the vehicle for up to 48 hours and is non-refundable. At this point your name and contact details, including address, telephone number and email address will be required. Once you have viewed the car in person, if for any reason you were to decide the car is not for you, your reservation fee will be refunded by the same means it was paid, within 5 working days. This notification not to proceed with the purchase must be made on the day the vehicle is viewed in person at our premises. A reservation fee is not the same as a deposit. It does not constitute part of the contract for the purchase of a vehicle. A contract is concluded only when the balance is paid in full.
Once the car has been viewed and a purchase agreed upon, the reservation fee shall be applied to the purchase price of the vehicle. In most cases, the car can be paid for in full and driven away the same day. If this is not the case, a larger reservation fee may be required, which is also non-refundable, as the car is fully prepared and taken off sale.
If you are unable to view the car within the agreed 48 hours and you wish to continue to hold the car for a further 48 hours an increased reservation fee would be requested. This reservation fee is non-refundable due to the car having been off sale for a number of days, as well as the administrative costs incurred.
For customers choosing to arrange their finance with Zuto or Car Finance 247, again a reservation fee is requested. This reservation fee will hold the vehicle for up to 48 hours and is non-refundable. Once you have viewed the car in person, if for any reason you were to decide the car is not for you, your reservation fee will be refunded by the same means it was paid, within 5 working days. Once the car has been viewed and a purchase agreed upon, the reservation fee will be applied to the full purchase price of the car.
These terms and conditions will not affect or limit the statutory rights of a consumer. These are the terms and conditions that apply to the exclusion of all others (including any verbal statement made) in respect of the Reservation Fee.
FIRST4CAR.COM 1 MONTH WARRANTY
This 1 month warranty is given in addition to your statutory rights. The warranty begins on the day you collect your vehicle and is valid for 1 month / 1,000 miles from this date (whichever comes first). This document clearly sets out what is covered and any exclusions that may apply. It also states the procedure to follow in making a claim under the warranty.
All parts of the motor vehicle will be covered against mechanical failure.
>The warranty holder is the only person entitled to make a claim under the warranty.
>Any claim under this warranty must relate to the vehicle described on your sales invoice.
> A repair at an alternative garage must not be carried out without prior authorisation from First4Car.com
> We reserve the right to inspect the vehicle before carrying out any repairs or before authorising another repairer to do the necessary work.
> We reserve the right to arrange an independent expert to assess the vehicle where a dispute may arise.
> Any modification made to the vehicle by another party will not be covered, should it contribute to a fault on the vehicle.
> Damage caused by neglect, flooding, accident, rallying, racing or any other improper use.
> Any faults that were brought to the buyer’s attention at the time of purchase will not be covered.
> Where an incorrect fuel type has been used and caused damage to the vehicle.
> Any accident damage caused by driver error.
> Wear and tear items such as Brake discs/pads, tyres, windscreens, wheels, light bulbs, light units including LED, Zenon and daytime running lights.
> Paintwork. Your vehicle is a used vehicle therefore there maybe minor imperfections in the paintwork and bodywork. A full assessment is encouraged prepurchase to ensure you are happy with any imperfections. These cannot be covered under warranty once you leave the forecourt following purchase.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM UNDER THE WARRANTY
> Notify First4Car.com immediately
> Have the following details readily available :
Date of purchase, Registration number of the vehicle, Current mileage
>We will request that you return the vehicle to our premises for further inspect
We work in partnership with a number of finance companies such as Evolution, Close Brothers Motor Finance, MotoNovo, Santander, and Blue Finance. We do not charge a fee for an introduction to these lenders. A non-refundable fee of £349 is however charged to those customers wishing to use their own finance company outside of our partnered finance providers to cover increased administration costs. If for any reason the car is returned following purchase this administration fee is non-refundable. We are trading as a credit broker and not a lender, and are authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, firm reference 652258. We can introduce you to a limited number of lenders while providing details of finance products available. We will not charge you a fee for an introduction but may receive a commission from the lender.
DISTANCE SALE - YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
Cancellations for a customer who has not visited our premises (or their representative). If a customer wishes to cancel their contract once they have received delivery of their vehicle and they have not been to our premises to view the vehicle (or their representative), the Consumer Contracts (Information, The Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 will apply.
1. The above Act and right to cancel does not apply to the supply of goods that are made to the consumer's specifications or are clearly personalised or conducted at a usual place of business.
2. If we deliver a vehicle to a private customer (not a business) without meeting them face to face the sale will be governed by these regulations. This gives you certain rights that are explained below.
Contract. The Company's Sales Executive will provide information detailing
A. The main characteristics of the goods.
B. Our address and contact details.
C. The total price of the goods.
D. Details of any additional delivery charges or other costs.
E. The arrangements for payment and delivery.
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any particular reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you, or a third party on your behalf, collect or take delivery of your vehicle. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement sent by post or email to our address. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your clear statement or form confirming your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired. You may use the model cancellation form but this is not obligatory.
Model Cancellation Form
To: First4car.com, 1 Occupation Lane, Pudsey, LS28 8HL, Email email@example.com.
I/we hereby give notice that I/we cancel my/our contract of sale of the following goods ...
Ordered on/received on:
Name of consumer:
Address of consumer:
Effects of cancellation. If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse you payments received from you, including the cost of delivering the goods to you (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose delivery over the collection or a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). This reimbursement is subject to the following conditions:
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. Anything over and above a standard test drive will be considered unnecessary handling and will lead to a deduction of £1 for each mile driven over 20 miles. In addition, we will also be entitled to make a deduction for any damage or excess wear.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you the vehicle and all documents which were supplied including, but not limited to, service histories and the V5 documentation. We reserve the right to register the vehicle with the DVLA only on the expiry of your 14 day cancellation period.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. This may include handing back any part-exchange vehicle if still available and/or seeking payment from you to cover any negative equity.
- We will withhold the reimbursement until we have received the goods and all paperwork back in good order.
- It is your responsibility to return the vehicle without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of this contract to us. The vehicle must not be driven from the date you notify us of your cancellation, other than to drive it back to first4car.
- You will remain liable for the vehicle and so for its tax, insurance, and any fines, charges or penalties until it has been accepted back to our premises.
- You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods and take full responsibility for the safe return of the vehicle.
- You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than which is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods according to the previous reference to test drives.
RETURNING A VEHICLE
If both parties agree a vehicle is to be returned to First4car.com due to a fault, First4car.com reserves the right to deduct 45p per mile, as well as reasonable cost to repair any damage to the car whilst it has been in the customers' possession. It is the customers' responsibility to return the car to 1 Occupation Lane, Pudsey, LS28 8HL within the agreed timescale in order to receive a refund or a repair under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. If returning the vehicle the refund will be paid within 48 hours of returning the car and by the same method used in the purchase. Any finance administration fee paid is non-refundable. Any cost of the customer choosing to have the car delivered to them is also non-refundable. Any extended warranty will be refunded in full if cancelled within 14 days. After this time the warranty is non-refundable. Any paint protection products purchased cannot be refunded.
All our cars are PDI serviced and come with a full MOT (where required). There is also 12 months FREE AA breakdown cover available. This cover needs to be set up by the customer. Easy to follow instructions are provided at the point of sale. The advertised mileage of our cars may differ slightly due to test drives. The actual mileage will always be provided prior to any purchase. Many of our cars come with 2 keys, however, please assume the car has 1 key unless stated otherwise in our adverts.
When a price has been agreed on the value of a part exchange prior to First4car having seen the vehicle, we reserve the right to renegotiate the price offered if the car's cosmetic appearance has not been accurately described, or mechanical faults are evident that have not been declared. We will do this in line with all our practice at First4car and carry this out in a fair manner.
We are trading as a credit broker and not a lender, and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, firm reference 652258. We can introduce you to a limited number of lenders, while providing details of finance products available. We will not charge you a fee for an introduction but may receive a commission from the lender. The interest rate you receive will be dependent on your credit status. For further information please contact our office at First 4 Car Finance co.uk Ltd, 1 Occupation Lane - Uppermoor, Pudsey, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS28 8HL.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND REVIEWS
By submitting any content to the Site you agree that:
- You are the sole author of and are personally responsible for any content you submit (e.g. a written review) and you own any intellectual property rights that relate to it;
- all 'moral rights' that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you; and
- We may contact you at the e-mail address attached to your account to request a review or to notify you about the status of your review.
You agree that you won't submit anything that:
- is false, inaccurate, or misleading;
- you have been paid or rewarded for if such compensation influenced the content of your review in anyway;
- has been copied from anyone else, or infringes on any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- violates any law or is considered to be offensive e.g. threatening, libelous or racially or religiously biased;
- includes references to other websites or any contact information (e.g. email addresses or phone numbers); or
- contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
Ratings and written reviews will generally be posted within two to four business days. First4car.com reserves the right to remove or to refuse to post any submission for any reason.