Cars need to meet minimum emission standards when travelling in the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) or the daily charge must be paid.
Minimum emission standards
Petrol: Euro 4
Diesel: Euro 6
The ULEZ will be enforced based on the declared emissions of the vehicle rather than the age. However:
- Petrol cars that meet the ULEZ standards are generally those registered with the DVLA after 2005, although cars that meet the standards have been available since 2001
- Diesel cars that meet the standards are generally those registered with the DVLA after September 2015
Information from Transport For London
Check this car on the TFL website before purchasing: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/vrm-checker-ulez
At First4car we charge an admin fee of £50 when you purchase a used vehicle from us. The admin fee pays towards the preparation of your new car, to make sure it’s safe and immaculate when you drive it away.
Admin fee is charged as listed below:
- Every vehicle comes with a at least a quarter of a tank of fuel
- HPI certificate - multiple checks to confirm vehicle details and history
- Paperwork sent recorded delivery to DVLA
- Full valet prior to collection
- 75 point safety inspection checks by trained and qualified technicians